Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Home Stretch

The campaign is now in its final weeks! Some people have voted already, and most of you will go to the polls on May 6.

Remember how the school board races work:
  • All voters in the Lebanon school corporation boundaries vote for all seats. Myself, Michael Burtron, John Rice and Shane Conner are running for the two City of Lebanon seats; Dave Herr is running unopposed for the Perry Township seat. Michael Burtron and I have teamed up in this campaign--we believe we're the two most qualified candidates for the city seats.
Why should you vote for me? I'm prepared, and I'm passionate about education.

I've been interested in the school board for a long time. I have prepared by attending school board meetings regularly--I've attended 12-15 meetings in the last few years, and all of them since January. I've also met with principals in the LCSC to learn about their schools, talked with parents and teachers, and kept abreast of legislative developments that will affect the schools. My service to the schools as PTO president, classroom volunteer, and as a member of several school-related committees has given me a broad perspective on issues relating to the schools. I have the time and passion to commit to being an excellent board member, and that's the standard I'll set for myself.

While there's no "hot-button" issue in this school board election, there will be some serious challenges coming before the board in the next few years. The most difficult issues are sometimes the ones you don't see coming. I believe I have the judgment, temperament, and preparation to deal with these situations as they arise. And I will work with my colleagues to arrive at decisions that are best for students and the larger community. I hope you'll support me with your vote.

As always, feel free to contact me at the e-mail address on the right with questions, suggestions, or comments. Thank you for reading, and for your interest in the Lebanon schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do moderate comments for civility.