Friday, January 8, 2010

Weather issues and decisions

First of all a big shout-out to the bus drivers (and the whole transportation department, headed up by the very capable Mrs. Becky Nugent), and the grounds crews (LHS's parking lot was plowed beautifully this morning) who work extra-hard when the weather turns foul. You're great, thank you so much!

Second, I'm thankful that I don't make the decision about whether to close, delay, or early dismiss our schools. This is a challenging decision with many things to consider: student and staff safety, changing weather conditions, the timing of bus routes, parents having to scramble for child-care arrangements, state guidelines for instructional days. One thing is pretty certain: superintendents get complaints no matter what they decide. So far this time around I have heard of no accidents resulting from the weather, and I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do moderate comments for civility.