Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New focus for high schools: "grade 13"

I saw this article today, with information that new federal guidelines will require high schools to "show how they increase both college enrollment and the number of students who complete at least a year of college."

This will be very interesting data, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. But I hope the feds include some money to help schools collect the data, because there's plenty of work involved. The U.S. and state departments of education have a way of heaping requirements on the schools without giving them the funds to do the work they're asking for.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda like this idea ,because when I entered college in fall 2008 I found that my writing skills were not up to college standards. I don't blame Lebanon ,but rather a nation wide problem of lack of communication between high schools,and colleges.

    ReplyDelete

I do moderate comments for civility.